Friday, January 22, 2010

Sent to spectrum



Fingers crossed, I sent my menacing mouse pawn image as well as these two Lovecraft-themed images to Spectrum for review. The drowning man is "The Shadow over Innsmouth", and the shadowy seated figure is "The Music of Erich Zann". Wasn't sure how I felt about these when I was working on them..I like them now that I'm coming back to them with a fresh eye. I probably just had artist's rage before as I did a re-paint for each of these. Both are mixed media: pencil, ink, watercolor, oil, and digital(like the Pawn)
These are two stories I love, so I'm sure there will be many variations on these through the years, as well as others. Hopefully becoming even more bizarre and unsettling as my mind truly drifts off into...

1 comment:

By Scott Flanders said...

Hey Brian you got some real nice new work. I especially like the Rakshasa and the Displacer Beast. The Spectrum Entries are great too. I just saw your entry for ArtOrder and followed your link. Hope all is well man.